James Bay Community Project is founded on a belief that volunteerism and participation in the community benefits the health and wellness of all as people connect to one another and have the opportunity for meaningful experiences.
Community Programs & Services
The JBCP encompasses many community services, including:
Information and referral services
Our programs are open to everyone in the community. Please note that a number of our programs require registration prior to attending.
Many programs are free of cost or low-cost. If you are experiencing any barriers to attending, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
For more information or to register:
- Phone: 250 388 7844, Ext. 0
Front desk staff are available weekday mornings between 8:30 a.m. til noon. If you get the voicemail, please leave a message with your contact info so we can return your call.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us a note about what program you’re interested in and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Older adults are encouraged to sign up for this free in-person program here at the Project. Learn all about portable technology – smart phones, laptops & tablets. Some topics and questions addressed include:
- How to email photographs and videos
- How to send or share an email
- How to identify fake emails (“spam” and phishing messages)
- How to connect to the internet
- How to use online maps (useful for errand planning and more)
- What type of technology will best fit what I need?
Building up your digital literacy skills & knowledge can help you:
- stay safer while online
- keep in touch with family and friends
- build up resilience by learning something new
- maintain your independence
Digital Dive-In Program Info
This program takes place onsite at the James Bay Community Project with an Information Technology (IT) specialist.
When: Mondays starting April 3rd, 2023
Group session: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
One-to-one session: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
NOTE: Please register in advance. The receptionist can you you decide between the group or one-to-one session.
To register or for more info:
Phone: 250-388-7844, Ext 0.
547 Michigan Street
Every third Thursday of the month
10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Anyone with macular degeneration or vision problems is welcome to attend this on-going group.
Free – registration required.
Our volunteers work in partnership with Canada Revenue Agency to provide the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). It is limited to those with a lower income and who have a simple tax return.
This program runs annually in the spring. This year the clinic will run March 1 to April 28, 2023.
Limited to those with low income:
- $35,000 per individual
- $45,000 per couple
- $47,000 per 3-person family + $2,500 per additional child.
- You must have a simple return (no capital gains; no self-employment income; no interest income above $1,000; no bankruptcy; no deceased person filing) with all necessary paperwork included.
- This is a drop-off & pick-up clinic only. No assistance is available onsite.
- Pick up your tax filing package at 547 Michigan St. between 8:30 a.m. & noon, Mon-Fri.
- Complete your info sheet at home & return it to us to be filed online by a CVITP volunteer.
- Once it has been filed we will contact you to pick up your tax filing package.